AylaBrown.com - Forum

The official forum of Ayla Brown
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Ayla's Cd Info
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:22 pm 
Offline
Administrators
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:57 pm
Posts: 818
Location: Pawling, NY.
To All,
we know everyone is anxious, we are too. Wayne is about to melt, I have been trying to pick up the slack and help him out, (it\'s a little outside of what I do, I am a music producer, not a record exec.) but I have been trying to put out sidefires, while Wayne jumps into the infernos.
This album has been 120 miles an hour from the start, I still have not recovered from two straight months of production and no sleep!, mostly because of the restrictions Ayla has had with idol (19e) and now the NCAA. This has made things incredibly hard on everyone on the team. Wayne\'s tough part of the job started where mine ended. The CD was mastered only 16 days ago, everyone has to remember this.
You don\'t just send out an mp3 to these digital companies and say \"put it up now\"
there is an incredible amount of work that has to go into this..tons, and tons of encoding....then it has to be sent there, and go through thier channels, it\'s not turn key....
Mike has done a great job of finding more places where the CD is available, this is because of Wayne, and the distribution Co. slowly these places will multiply.
there will be about 40 places online that the CD will appear for sale, we have to give it time.
The digital places will start to show up, please no one make any assumptions on when things will be up, we jumped the gun as well, because things looked promising, but this is how it goes. we are also fighting a multitude of CD\'s that were just released...Big Names...
There has also been another deal in the making, there were things that needed to be worked out, it kind of barred us from doing some of the things we wanted to, but for the good! in the next couple of days you will see a new logo on the top of Ayla\'s website, someone we are partnering with, that is going to bring this whole project MUCH success as far as getting Ayla\'s album out there. You will all understand when the logo shows up. This is great backing for Ayla!


Now for the tough news....
Right now Wayne is still at work, fighting another battle...he has to wait til 11:00 pm to fight the issue down to the wire with people from LA....at the eleventh hour 5:01 pm today, Billboard told us we were not eligible to chart, but still eligble for the soundscan chart,
because of the venue sales compared to the retail sales.
two members from soundscan and a friend of Wayne\'s at Billboard are fighting this battle as well. One of them got in a bit of trouble...
I am expecting the worst, that way if something happens and they pull this off it\'ll be a surprise.
The soundscan chart is still great though, so I am not disapointed, we know what we accomplished, and these sales will be added to all the upcoming sales.

Ayla will make it to the charts..... it most likely won\'t be this week. But it will be soon.... we don\'t need the chart.. would it be great...yes, but we don\'t need it.
Ayla\'s fan base is growing so rapidly, Kendawg sent me a great email with comments about forward sent to the station... it\'s all getting out there....
we don\'t need the chart...we\'ll take it when it comes though!!

We are asking everyone to be the great supporters you have been from the start..
before there was a even a notion of Ayla having an album......be paient and hang in there with Ayla....hang in there with us..
we all know what she is destined for...we all have put so much into this and we have been standing by her for this long....we can do it for a little while longer...
it\'ll blossom, I have no doubts at all....Ayla has a great CD here....what makes it great is not the music or the songs, but Ayla....she worked so hard to make this happen despite the restrictions and contracts....Ayla will be a star at what ever she wants to be a star at..... that\'s just Ayla. This is simply about making someone\'s dream come true. To create a CD with music she loves, and have something of her own, before other powers came into place that would not have allowed her to do so. (ncaa).....it\'s not about a chart, or money, or record sales.....it\'s for the love of just doing it...that is what always makes something great.....

OK, I am cutting Ayla\'s video from the big E, trying to get it done to post soon...

take care everyone,

jim

_________________
JIM


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Ayla's Cd Info
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:41 pm 
Offline
Administrators
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:57 pm
Posts: 818
Location: Pawling, NY.
producerman wrote:
To All,
we know everyone is anxious, we are too. Wayne is about to melt, I have been trying to pick up the slack and help him out, (it\'s a little outside of what I do, I am a music producer, not a record exec.) but I have been trying to put out sidefires, while Wayne jumps into the infernos.
This album has been 120 miles an hour from the start, I still have not recovered from two straight months of production and no sleep!, mostly because of the restrictions Ayla has had with idol (19e) and now the NCAA. This has made things incredibly hard on everyone on the team. Wayne\'s tough part of the job started where mine ended. The CD was mastered only 16 days ago, everyone has to remember this.
You don\'t just send out an mp3 to these digital companies and say "put it up now"
there is an incredible amount of work that has to go into this..tons, and tons of encoding....then it has to be sent there, and go through thier channels, it\'s not turn key....
Mike has done a great job of finding more places where the CD is available, this is because of Wayne, and the distribution Co. slowly these places will multiply.
there will be about 40 places online that the CD will appear for sale, we have to give it time.
The digital places will start to show up, please no one make any assumptions on when things will be up, we jumped the gun as well, because things looked promising, but this is how it goes. we are also fighting a multitude of CD\'s that were just released...Big Names...
There has also been another deal in the making, there were things that needed to be worked out, it kind of barred us from doing some of the things we wanted to, but for the good! in the next couple of days you will see a new logo on the top of Ayla\'s website, someone we are partnering with, that is going to bring this whole project MUCH success as far as getting Ayla\'s album out there. You will all understand when the logo shows up. This is great backing for Ayla!
Now for the tough news....
Right now Wayne is still at work, fighting another battle...he has to wait til 11:00 pm to fight the issue down to the wire with people from LA....at the eleventh hour 5:01 pm today, Billboard told us we were not eligible to chart, but still eligble for the soundscan chart,
because of the venue sales compared to the retail sales.
two members from soundscan and a friend of Wayne\'s at Billboard are fighting this battle as well. One of them got in a bit of trouble...
I am expecting the worst, that way if something happens and they pull this off it\'ll be a surprise.
The soundscan chart is still great though, so I am not disapointed, we know what we accomplished, and these sales will be added to all the upcoming sales.

Ayla will make it to the charts..... it most likely won\'t be this week. But it will be soon.... we don\'t need the chart.. would it be great...yes, but we don\'t need it.
Ayla\'s fan base is growing so rapidly, Kendawg sent me a great email with comments about forward sent to the station... it\'s all getting out there....
we don\'t need the chart...we\'ll take it when it comes though!!

We are asking everyone to be the great supporters you have been from the start..
before there was a even a notion of Ayla having an album......be paient and hang in there with Ayla....hang in there with us..
we all know what she is destined for...we all have put so much into this and we have been standing by her for this long....we can do it for a little while longer...
it\'ll blossom, I have no doubts at all....Ayla has a great CD here....what makes it great is not the music or the songs, but Ayla....she worked so hard to make this happen despite the restrictions and contracts....Ayla will be a star at what ever she wants to be a star at..... that\'s just Ayla. This is simply about making someone\'s dream come true. To create a CD with music she loves, and have something of her own, before other powers came into place that would not have allowed her to do so. (ncaa).....it\'s not about a chart, or money, or record sales.....it\'s for the love of just doing it...that is what always makes something great.....

OK, I am cutting Ayla\'s video from the big E, trying to get it done to post soon...

take care everyone,

jim



By the way......Ayla made it to number 3, before they decided to bump her out..

_________________
JIM


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Ayla's Cd Info
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:46 pm 
Offline
Administrator
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:50 am
Posts: 4793
Wow, this whole situation is sad. I hope everything works out. It\'s sad that Ayla can sell that much, and not qualify for Billboard. I\'ve never heard of such a thing. Thanks Jim for letting us all know, it\'s just frustrating for everyone.

_________________
Image


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Ayla's Cd Info
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:53 pm 
Offline
Moderators
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:27 am
Posts: 1983
Mike wrote:
Wow, this whole situation is sad. I hope everything works out. It\'s sad that Ayla can sell that much, and not qualify for Billboard. I\'ve never heard of such a thing. Thanks Jim for letting us all know, it\'s just frustrating for everyone.


Jim and Wayne, thanks for letting us all in on the facts here.
I can appreciate the angst you are all under with all this red tape!
Yes we are standing by Ayla and alll these hurdles and hopeit is not affecting her personally. This will all certainly be worth it in the end. Keep on trucking. We are all standing by supporting Ayla and her team.


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Ayla's Cd Info
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:03 pm 
Offline
Newbie
Newbie

Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:38 pm
Posts: 6
well this is my first post here... but i have been an ayla fan since the beginning. this is all upsetting, but it is atleast better than nothing. all of the ayla fans will pull through. she's going to do great things.


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Ayla's Cd Info
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:42 pm 
Offline
Full Member
Full Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:53 am
Posts: 216
Location: Toronto, ON
Aww...I don't really understand all the regulations about making it to Billboard and everything, but I'm sorry she's not on it. But yeah, no matter what happens, Ayla will have gotten her own CD and the support of so many fans. And I'm sure she cherishes those things at least as much as we cherish her! Which is a lot, lol.


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Ayla's Cd Info
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:20 am 
Offline
Newbie
Newbie

Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:45 pm
Posts: 16
Wow..I really don't understand this either but it bugs me. Hope this whole thing gets worked out..we love you Ayla!


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Ayla's Cd Info
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:35 am 
Offline
Full Member
Full Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:43 am
Posts: 141
producerman wrote:
By the way......Ayla made it to number 3, before they decided to bump her out..



Jim
Are there any rules, copyrights, things like this to prevent the released singles from playing on air currently? I listened to Ayla's interview before the debut of 'I Quit', on a local Massachuetts radio station (I won't say which one). I don't listen to that particular radio station 24/7 but have not heard it played since . Is there anything in what you were talking that would prevent that. If the song is requested are there any legalites that would prevent it from being played. I wanted to know before launching a tyraid of e-mails to this particular morning radio personality. I don't know anything about how the music or radio industry operates, just trying to do whatever I can to help. Ayla needs exposure to those who are not yet fortunate enough to have heard her music.

Thankx
TK5

_________________
[img]http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/4421/bannerhd3.jpg" border="0" alt="IPB Image" /]


Last edited by takkefivve on Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Ayla's Cd Info
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:06 am 
Offline
Moderators
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:27 am
Posts: 1983
takkefivve wrote:
Jim
Are there any rules, copyrights, things like this to prevent the released singles from playing on air currently? I listened to Ayla\'s interview before the debut of \'I Quit\', on a local Massachuetts radio station (I won\'t say which one). I don\'t listen to that particular radio station 24/7 but have not heard it played since . Is there anything in what you were talking that would prevent that. If the song is requested are there any legalites that would prevent it from being played. I wanted to know before launching a tyraid of e-mails to this particular morning radio personality. I don\'t know anything about how the music or radio industry operates, just trying to do whatever I can to help. Ayla needs exposure to those who are not yet fortunate enough to have heard her music.

Thankx
TK5
John


TK5, I\'ll attempt to give a laymen\'s answer to this question.

There are no prohibitions per se other than breaking through the major artist popularity favoritism that is prevalant on Top 40 radio stations.

Here is a thread which shows that we\'ve tried to accomplish this goal of getting her played on those stations after the interview. It also provides all the email addys and phone numbers.

I think one or two polite informative rounds of emails to a few of the DJ\'s which inform that there is an interest in YOUR household to hear the song or songs is always a great idea. I think collectively showing an interest in a song to a radio station is always recognized. However,there a whole other host of forces which come into place when talking about airplay that Mike and I have found are extremely complex. What I\'ve found is that we always want to leave an impression with the DJs that you are an individual fan not writing as a representative of a street team or a fanbase, and as a fan we demonstrate an interest in the artist, a sincere appreciation for their music and a respect for the "powers that be" amongst the radio stations. If they have not added a song to the playlist, and they have not added these songs.. they will not play it. However, that could change in any given week and it doesn\'t hurt to try.. there are also all request hours.. not sure if the song needs to be on a playlist to be played in an all request hour. Please post in that thread if you get any kind of response so we can keep track of it.


Last edited by yoyoyo22 on Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Ayla's Cd Info
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:35 pm 
Offline
Full Member
Full Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:43 am
Posts: 141
yoyoyo22 wrote:
TK5, I'll attempt to give a laymen's answer to this question.

There are no prohibitions per se other than breaking through the major artist popularity favoritism that is prevalant on Top 40 radio stations.

Here is a thread which shows that we've tried to accomplish this goal of getting her played on those stations after the interview. It also provides all the email addys and phone numbers.

I think one or two polite informative rounds of emails to a few of the DJ's which inform that there is an interest in YOUR household to hear the song or songs is always a great idea. I think collectively showing an interest in a song to a radio station is always recognized. However,there a whole other host of forces which come into place when talking about airplay that Mike and I have found are extremely complex. What I've found is that we always want to leave an impression with the DJs that you are an individual fan not writing as a representative of a street team or a fanbase, and as a fan we demonstrate an interest in the artist, a sincere appreciation for their music and a respect for the "powers that be" amongst the radio stations. If they have not added a song to the playlist, and they have not added these songs.. they will not play it. However, that could change in any given week and it doesn't hurt to try.. there are also all request hours.. not sure if the song needs to be on a playlist to be played in an all request hour. Please post in that thread if you get any kind of response so we can keep track of it.


Thanks,
I did read that particular thread previously. I wasn't sure if the recent snafu that Jim wrote about was hampering the ability for Ayla to be played locally on air. I did send an e-mail to one station, I'll post any replies.

_________________
[img]http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/4421/bannerhd3.jpg" border="0" alt="IPB Image" /]


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Ayla's Cd Info
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:48 pm 
Offline
Street Team
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:31 pm
Posts: 461
Location: New Jersey
Sorry for a late post. This whole issue with the charts etc must be hard. Hard for all of you to accomplish Ayla's needs. Great work so far! I am hopng to see Ayla #1!

_________________
Ayla you are kind, and beautiful. I love you.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v606/Sean391/AylaBlend3.jpg" border="0" alt="IPB Image" /]
PinelandsWildCats Junior Varsity 0-0 Sean's Myspace


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Ayla's Cd Info
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:54 pm 
Offline
Street Team
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:07 pm
Posts: 994
Location: USA
Like "the producer" (lol) said...we want Ayla to be on the charts, but even if she doesn't, she'll be #1 to use...and that's what counts!

_________________
[img]http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/9139/aylabrownap4.png" border="0" alt="IPB Image" /]


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Ayla's Cd Info
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:56 pm 
Offline
Street Team
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:53 pm
Posts: 1937
Location: Michigan
why is she ineligible? (I'm relaying this info to the brownies on AI)

_________________
[img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a16/ejgirls89/andreayla.jpg" border="0" alt="IPB Image" /]


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Ayla's Cd Info
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:27 pm 
Offline
Administrators
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:57 pm
Posts: 818
Location: Pawling, NY.
andre10 wrote:
why is she ineligible? (I\'m relaying this info to the brownies on AI)

Ayla is not ineligible for future charts, just this week.
They are saying something like, venue sales compared to retail sales were too uneven, or some BS like that. Wayne checked the soundscan charts today and Ayla is on there as selling 1,946 singles in 3 days.
He is also trying to get his friend at Billboard to write about this mishap in his article in the magazine.
I put the list of links to the retailers carrying A\'s CD on her myspace as well, for people that go there before they get to the website.

All is good, the orchestra score was fedexed out today to the BSO.
Soooo many parts, Forward is going to be amazing....15,000 new fans.....

other stuff is moving along as well.

thanks everyone, don\'t forget to send your letters.
I am mailing 10 postcards tom. from different aliases....


peace everyone...

_________________
JIM


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Ayla's Cd Info
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:28 pm 
Offline
Administrators
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:57 pm
Posts: 818
Location: Pawling, NY.
yoyoyo22 wrote:
TK5, I\'ll attempt to give a laymen\'s answer to this question.

There are no prohibitions per se other than breaking through the major artist popularity favoritism that is prevalant on Top 40 radio stations.

Here is a thread which shows that we\'ve tried to accomplish this goal of getting her played on those stations after the interview. It also provides all the email addys and phone numbers.

I think one or two polite informative rounds of emails to a few of the DJ\'s which inform that there is an interest in YOUR household to hear the song or songs is always a great idea. I think collectively showing an interest in a song to a radio station is always recognized. However,there a whole other host of forces which come into place when talking about airplay that Mike and I have found are extremely complex. What I\'ve found is that we always want to leave an impression with the DJs that you are an individual fan not writing as a representative of a street team or a fanbase, and as a fan we demonstrate an interest in the artist, a sincere appreciation for their music and a respect for the "powers that be" amongst the radio stations. If they have not added a song to the playlist, and they have not added these songs.. they will not play it. However, that could change in any given week and it doesn\'t hurt to try.. there are also all request hours.. not sure if the song needs to be on a playlist to be played in an all request hour. Please post in that thread if you get any kind of response so we can keep track of it.



Radio:
right now we are hiring a small radio team to cover the northeast for the fall,
this stuff is being worked out. Right now no-one has these songs on thier playlists, only when the songs are on a playlist will we hear them on radio stations.

The big radio push is for January, reason being, the radio sales team we have hired for the nationwide radio push basically told us we would be wasting our money right now...it\'s too late in the quarter, and so many big names just came out Ayla would get lost in the few slots that are left...it\'s much better to do the big promo in Jan.
some local Northeast stations will be airing lightly throughout the fall.
we will let people know what these stations are when it starts.
for now you can keep writing / emailing Dj\'s so they know there is a public desire to hear these songs.

thats it..
thanks everyone...

_________________
JIM


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Ayla's Cd Info
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:46 pm 
Offline
Full Member
Full Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:43 am
Posts: 141
producerman wrote:
Radio:
right now we are hiring a small radio team to cover the northeast for the fall,
this stuff is being worked out. Right now no-one has these songs on thier playlists, only when the songs are on a playlist will we hear them on radio stations.

The big radio push is for January, reason being, the radio sales team we have hired for the nationwide radio push basically told us we would be wasting our money right now...it's too late in the quarter, and so many big names just came out Ayla would get lost in the few slots that are left...it's much better to do the big promo in Jan.
some local Northeast stations will be airing lightly throughout the fall.
we will let people know what these stations are when it starts.
for now you can keep writing / emailing Dj's so they know there is a public desire to hear these songs.

thats it..
thanks everyone...


Thanks, sent an e-mail out yesterday to a local Mass. station requesting Ayla. I know this station has the music because Ayla gave them limited edition CDs. Guess it's just a matter of them getting in their playlist.
I have not received a response yet.

_________________
[img]http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/4421/bannerhd3.jpg" border="0" alt="IPB Image" /]


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Ayla's Cd Info
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:06 pm 
Offline
Full Member
Full Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:09 pm
Posts: 151
Location: Pennsylvania
Thanks so much for the update ... I look forward to all the wonderful things I know are to come!

_________________
*Dream Big; Work Hard*

"We carry within us the dreams that inspire our tomorrows...."


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Ayla's Cd Info
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:31 pm 
Offline
Street Team

Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:23 pm
Posts: 1520
Location: New Hampshire
wow, that's really sad and i'm sure it's really disapointing for ayla. i hope things go better for her and that things start going well for her cd!! (we love you ayla and believe in you!!)

_________________
[img]http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/6696/heidissiggiegv4.jpg" border="0" alt="IPB Image" /]


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Ayla's Cd Info
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:10 pm 
Offline
Administrators
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:57 pm
Posts: 818
Location: Pawling, NY.
heidi_09 wrote:
wow, that\'s really sad and i\'m sure it\'s really disapointing for ayla. i hope things go better for her and that things start going well for her cd!! (we love you ayla and believe in you!!)


It\'s only a bump...
things are actually going very, very well!!!
takes time though, it\'s all comin together!!!!!

good stuff to come.....

jim

_________________
JIM


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Ayla's Cd Info
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:10 pm 
Offline
Street Team
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:53 pm
Posts: 1937
Location: Michigan
producerman wrote:
It's only a bump...
things are actually going very, very well!!!
takes time though, it's all comin together!!!!!

good stuff to come.....

jim

lets hope Forward gets out on the day its supposed to.

_________________
[img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a16/ejgirls89/andreayla.jpg" border="0" alt="IPB Image" /]


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group